Tonight, Eric and I helped a different nurse to switch Micah to a smaller bed that doesn't have all the bells and whistles. It'll give us more room to move around in his little cubicle, and gets rid of the clutter that he doesn't need.
Since Micah was so warm when the nurse took his temp, Micah didn't need to be wrapped up! YAY! He did, however, get some clothes! It was hilarious watching his somewhat confused and befuddled face as the nurse wriggled him into his first clothing! It was pretty cool that Micah wasn't crying or fussing! I was giggling, just because of the look on his face, and was hoping the nurse didn't mind! Isn't is just the little things that make your day more often that not?
In addition, Micah's stats were great afterward. He seems to have much more stable stats when he's awake and alert, or after he has been jostled a bit. We'll see if that continues :)
That same nurse told me that he'd call a lactation consultant to meet with me tomorrow morning in anticipation of starting to nurse Micah!! HORRAY!!! I've really been waiting for that! It's not a for sure that I'll be able to nurse him right away (his respiratory rate needs to slow), but definitely a step in the right direction!!
No comments:
Post a Comment