So I've not been blogging for a while... not sure why :)
I thought I'd pick it up again since we'd really like to try to keep our dear friends and family updated on our new son's condition! So here goes:
Yesterday, Friday, May 31, at 7:30am or so, I (Apryl) was laying in bed and felt an unusual leak "down there." I got up and continued to leak, even after going to the bathroom. I was quite concerned and knew I needed to get to the doctor to confirm what I suspected, that my water broke and was leaking... at 35 weeks pregnant.
I messaged Eric, who was at work, and he was immediately distracted from work and decided to come home. I'm so thankful that he followed his instincts and did so. Our neighbor and friend, Heather, agreed to watch our kids so we could go to the hospital.
We were admitted into triage in the labor and delivery wing of the Aurora Manitowoc County hospital where the nurse confirmed my fear: my bag of waters was indeed leaking! She informed me that I would have to stay at the hospital and that our baby would be born that day! After a few tears on my part, and a mini freak out session, we made a plan. Eric would go home, pack a few things, clean up the house a bit, and just get some of the essentials ready. My job was to stay at the hospital and work on getting labor started.
We had figured that we had a few weeks to get things in order. Who would have guessed that my water would have broken at 35 weeks? We weren't due until July 5! I was quite concerned about the baby being too early! In any other case, the doctor would have tried to stop labor and wait at least 2 more weeks before delivery, but after the bag of waters is broken, it can't be repaired. The baby needs to be born to avoid infection.
At this time, we had several immediate blessings! That day was exactly 35 weeks. If my water would have broken even a day earlier, hospital policy would have me sent to Green Bay to deliver my baby. Instead, I got to have my doctor oversee my care, in a place that I was familiar with. Also, Eric was slated to drive up to Tomahawk later that afternoon to stay overnight an help my dad move to Green Bay the next day. We were extremely thankful that Eric was still in town when things got started! In addition, our small group bible study folks immediately surrounded us with prayer! We could feel the power! Thankfully, Heather agreed to watch our kids until Eric's mom was able to take over their care in the afternoon. My mom was able to come to the hospital immediately as well!
We were so extremely thankful that in our uncertain time, everything was God's plan for our family and He had everything under control spiritually, physically, and logistically! Somehow, God gave me a supernatural sense of peace to not worry about everything else and just relax and focus on the baby and myself. Eric and my mom were huge instruments in ensuring everything else was in place!
So here we were...
No comments:
Post a Comment