Well, we're still here at Baycare. The stay is starting to seem long, and I feel like I'm in a haze. It has been really sweet having Eric here with me. I think that it makes me feel better that there's someone in it with me! I can talk with him about the situation and whatever else and he understands more than anyone (except God, of course).
A HUGE thank you to those of you who have been watching Alena and Levi!! We're so thankful!!
Micah is slowly making progress. I'm beginning to get a little impatient with the lack of progress in the last 24 hours, but the doctor reminded me that he has made great gains since Monday. I'm hoping and praying that we can start nursing ASAP! We're basically waiting for his respiratory rate to be even and at around the 60's per minute. Right now he'll fluctuate from the 40's to 90's.
He no longer has any wires or tiny tubes going into his umbilical cord stump. The IV they have in his hand is no longer hooked up to anything and is just used to administer his antibiotics. He seems happier, but his level of need for oxygen hasn't decreased much in the last 24 hours. Frustrating!
Today, a dear friend, Jessica, stopped by and so did Grandpa and Grandma Cerkas. Grandma got to hold Micah for the first time, and helped to "feed" him (through is tube). We also got our first pic of Eric holding his son :)

No comments:
Post a Comment