Levi will stay overnight with us, which he'll love! He's such a mommy's boy and I'm sure he could use some snuggles! Alena will be going to Rhinelander with my Aunt Mary and cousin Olivia. They've agreed to take her for most of the remainder of the week. My mom lives 30 minutes away from them as well, and loves to spend time with Alena, so it will be a special time.
I've been feeling tired, too. I've been getting up at night to pump milk, so I haven't been getting continuous nights of rest. Just like having a newborn at home :) I need to keep reminding myself to rely on God's power and rest in His peace.
Micah has been stable today. He is using slightly less oxygen than yesterday, which is a slight improvement. He was agitated and bucky for a lot of the morning and into the afternoon. He keeps on trying to remove his various tubes and wires. Somehow, I think that this will only gets worse as he gets healthier!
This evening, I visited him twice, and he was calm and sleeping each time. I didn't really want to hold him since I thought he could use the rest after his active morning. Instead, I sat next to his bed, held his hand and gently stroked the stray hairs that stick out between the straps on his head.
When I'm there at the right time, the nurses have also been allowing me to feed him some of my milk into his tummy tube. It's a rather uneventful thing, but is more symbolic. It makes me feel like I'm helping him in some small way. I'm ever so grateful that he is able to have my milk, though. Maybe it will be the magic trick to help him turn the corner more quickly! I can only pray it is!
We're still very thankful for uneventful days and nights! As the doctors have said, "no news is good news." Tonight I'm praying for:
- Stamina to get through each day as my mommy hormones fluctuate
- Discernment in making plans for the rest of this week
- Peace to not worry about all of the unknowns in the days and weeks ahead.
- Trust in God's provision for every member of my family
- Of course to the Great Physician for Micah's quick healing and lung development.
- We want to be a witness to those around us in the NICU of the power of prayer and trusting in the Lord
- Thankful for another good day and the abilities of the medical staff
No comments:
Post a Comment