As I was driving up to Green Bay yesterday, I was thinking about a conversation from the night before...
I'm so grateful that Eric is walking this road with me. As Eric held his youngest son the other night, we conversed about how God made Micah perfect. He is not a mistake. God knew exactly what would happen with his birth and seemingly long hospitalization! He has everything in his hands! We were just marveling at that fact.
We were also talking about what God has been teaching us through this ordeal. Definitely a lesson in patience and not expecting that our son would stay unharmed/recover quickly. This is not on our timeline nor Micah's. It's on God's! We have been attempting to rest in that.
I've also been learning to both ask and receive help from others. Eric and I tend to be pretty independent with most things and feel somewhat uncomfortable "inconveniencing" others. We'd rather just take care of things ourselves. This situation is one where we haven't been able to do everything ourselves. Beyond the trusting the hospital staff, we have had to rely on others especially for Alena and Levi's care. We simply can't bring them to the NICU with us, but still want to be with Micah. Our family and friends have been great in helping us transition! Many people have offered and somewhat prodded us to help us out. We have needed that! It's amazing when a friend says, "I'll take your kids tomorrow so you can go see Micah!" without me even asking! I need that! I just have to let go of the guilt of thinking I'm inconveniencing people. I'm reminded that when I offer to watch someone else's child, I don't think of it as an inconvenience! I'm more than happy to help! So please, ask me to help you in the future, or I may just offer :) That's what God's community is for, the good times and the not so great!
We have been drawn to rely on praying to God and knowing he hears us, whether we see it or not. He is our refuge, and is certainly reminding us of that and deepening our relationship to Him through it all! Thank you Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment