Yesterday (Thursday), I packed up all of my stuff from room 505 in the family accommodations area and checked out. I figured not only did I need a break, but Grandpa and Grandma Cerkas could probably use a break, too! The kids were both so tired, that they took REALLY long naps (Mommy napped, too). It's nice to be able to be home, do my own laundry, unpack the kids stuff, and generally organize the way only Mom can.
I did drive up to GB last night to visit and nurse Micah. He seemed to be doing fine, a little down on his oxygen. They also upped the amount he gets in his feedings since he seemed very hungry before his eating time! He nursed a bit better, but it was short-lived. He doesn't have a long capacity for nursing at this point. I'm not sure if he's even swallowing milk as a lot just dribbles down his chin and cheeks.
Of course, now that I'm not staying at the hospital, the nurse asked if I'd like them to start giving Micah bottles. I don't really want him to have bottles as I won't be giving him very many bottles at all at home. However, I'm considering letting them do a bottle of my milk, a day or something if it helps him to learn how to swallow milk. I know that they won't let him go home until he is fully established with eating on his own.
More than likely, I'll be checking back in to a room at the hospital on Saturday so that I can stay there and breastfeed for all of his feedings. Still have to finalize that. Eric and I are hoping to go up to GB for Micah's 5pm and 8pm feedings tonight, and discuss things with his doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment