Alena worked hard all summer taking dance class twice a week through the Summer Rec program. On August 5, she had her very first recital. She was placed in the back row, probably because she was
very easily distracted! After her classes, she would tell me over and over again that she needs to "stay on her 'X'" that was on the floor, so I'm sure that her young teachers must have been getting her to focus! She did so well, and knew her routine (when her mind wasn't wandering). She showed off her skills more during the dress rehearsal. During the actual recital, the little girl next to her with the blue tutu on, got scared and started crying. Alena stopped dancing, walked over, asked her friend what was wrong, and told her that it was OK. I was so much more proud of her for having compassion for someone who was hurting than for perfectly completing the routine! Just weeks before that, I had been praying that my kids would see the needs of others and respond to those needs. And here was an answer to that prayer! Praise the Lord!
  |
| Post recital jig! |
***I've tried to load the video, but it hasn't worked. Maybe I'll try it again in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment