

Not that this would surprise any Mom! She doesn't seem to look as babyish as she used to and she's even smiling at people (when she's in the mood). Her hair is getting longer and she's just getting bigger. I'm really not sure how much she weighs since we don't have a scale and we're not going back to the Dr until the end of the month, but I'm sure she's at least 11 lbs!
Speaking of the Doctor, I was wondering what all you moms out there did about immunization shots. Alena's doctor assures me that the shots will not hurt her in any way and highly suggests that I get her immunized. I, however, am much more skeptical! I just don't trust that all of the ingredients are safe for my baby! I really don't know what we're going to do at this point. I want to do more research on these beforehand, for sure!
We dont' immunize. The deciding factor was the fact that they are not in day care centers with numerous children and really are not terribly exposed. However, because Caden starts school this fall, we may start vaccinating. We will not vaccinate for everything. Chickenpox, flu, Hep B, MMR (not sure about this one yet). With chickenpox, if the child gets it, their immune for life. If they get it as an adult, it is far more deadly than if they get it as a child. Flu, I just do not feel the need for this one either. Many people get the shot and get the flu anyway. Hep B is a sexually transmitted disease. Maybe when the child is older, but for a baby??? The MMR we haven't decided yet. That leaves DPT on the required list for schools. That is probably the most important one. Our only issue, Dan has seizures from this one. Dr.'s claim that it has been "cleaned up" since Dan was a child. That may be, but it still scares the crap out of me! That's where we're at. Just thought I'd share.
ReplyDeleteOh, and a good idea is to slow down the schedule. Babies do not need to get them all in so quickly!!! Research Dr. Sears. GREAT INFO!!! He has a book but you can find lots on his site too.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I love the pictures! What cute expressions she has. We can't wait to met her in about two weeks! Sorry, I don't have any advice about immunizations, I don't know much about that. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteApryl- Alena is such a cutie- Paul and I are loving the pics (it's dangerous, makes us want one:) ) Just wanted to toss in a word for immunizations. I agree with Deedra that you could talk to your doctor about slowing them down, but I would encourage you to get her vaccinated. These vaccines are such a gift to allow kids to be protected from deadly illnesses. Although there is no evidence linking vaccines to autism, you can talk to your doctor about getting inidvidual doses of the vaccines that do not contain thimerosol (the controversial preservative in vaccines that has caused the hub-bub). My vote is for vaccines, they protect everyone, but especially kids who may not have enough immunity to fight off an infection. Hope you all are doing well, and keep the pictures coming!!!
ReplyDelete